Donnerstag, September 29, 2005

A Fable

One peaceful summer day, while strolling through the forest, a fox bumped into a little rabbit. Smiling to the rabbit he said, "Hi kid, what are you up to these days?"

"I'm writing a dissertation on how rabbits eat foxes," replied the rabbit. "Come now friend rabbit, you know that's quite impossible," gasped the astonished fox. "Come along with me, and I will show you."

Both animals climbed down into the rabbit's burrow, and after a while
the rabbit emerged with a self-satisfied little smile on his face.

Presently, along came a wolf. "Hello rabbit," said the wolf, "and how
are we doing these days?"
"I'm well into the second chapter of my dissertation on how rabbits
devour carnivores," said the rabbit smugly. "Are you crazy? Where's your academic honesty?" howled the amazed wolf. "Come along with me, and I will show you."

As before, the two animals went into the rabbit's burrow, and after a
short while, the rabbit came out with the same self-satisfied little smirk on his face.

Finally, a look into the rabbit's burrow will reveal what you probably
should have guessed by now: there sat an enormous, fierce-looking lion next to the furry remains of the fox and wolf.

The moral: It's not the content of your dissertation that's important, it's your Ph.D. advisor.

(Author unknown)

Keine Kommentare: